What is Domain?
If you know very much about the internet, chances are you have heard about domain. But do you know what domain is? Here, we will tell you more about what domain is. We will also let you know what domain name is and how owning a domain name can make you money in the future. Finding the right domain name can actually make or break your business. So we will tell you how to pick the right domain name. We hope that this article will help you to better understand the concept of domain.
What is Domain?
Domain is the virtual “property,” at a particular web address. Think of it as a house where a business, person, organization, or institution can set up their webpage. The address of the webpage is much like a street address. It tells you just where the webpage is located in cyberspace. Believe it or not, just like a piece of physical property, domain names can be bought and sold. Lots of businesses, individuals, and others are looking for just the right web address where they can park their page. You can also think of a web domain as being the piece of cyber space where you own and rule.
Buying a Domain Name
Buying a domain name for yourself can be a real investment for the future. Do not believe us? Some domains have sold for millions of dollars in the past. Investing in a domain or two is a way to really diversify your investment portfolio. However, you must be careful about what domain names you invest in. For a bit of advice, consult your portfolio analyst. It is also a fantastic investment to make in your business if you are wanting to boost your sale, make yourself a webpage, etc.
Finding the Right Domain Name
Finding the right domain name for your business or yourself can be difficult. However, there are a few simple tips you can keep in mind to find the right domain name:
- Keep it simple. Do not purchase a web domain that is incredibly long;
- Find something that is not confusing when it is written out. Be sure it cannot be misread in a wrong or even embarrassing way;
- Think about how the web address page connects to your business;
- Use an appropriate domain name extension that fits your needs and purpose. Now, what I’m referring here is that the .COM or .Net at the back of your domain name. These are called extensions. There are hundreds of new extensions coming in for registration. Let me share the top and famous ones.
- .com : Commercial use(Famous of all)
- .net : Network companies or internet infrastructure sites.
- .org : non profiting organization use
- .biz : e-commerce use for business purpose
- .co : abbreviation of the word company
- .me : personal use as blogs or personal sites
- .info : information sharing sites
- Act fast and grab your preferred domain names fast as they are targeted by the whole world. Short and nice names are always to sell first. There are not that expensive to buy and hold. Don’t feel sad if your preferred domain name is not available, at smartdomain and smarthosting, we suggest alternate names for you to choose from. We also have 100+ other domain extension for you to consider.